Mushrooms popping up everywhere

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Mushrooms popping up everywhere

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hempie 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hempie
    Participant

On my plot mushrooms pop up Everywere, even in the middle of lawns.
    I was wondering if this is a good sign?

Plus i wanted to know that if it is a good idea to cut them and spread them around on places to get the beneficial fungi everywere? Even on my raised beds for vegetables?

Thank you

Hempie
    Participant

Noone??

RandA
    Participant

Hi Hempie
    we have the same issue but is not a problem, I think shows that the breaking down of the compost is progressing well, incidentally in the tunnel we had some magic cow compost from a digester given to us this year and I put it in the tunnel and we have the most beautiful large white mushrooms appearing quite awe inspiring.

Cleansweep
    Participant

I also think it is a positive indication that you are supplying correct composting conditions, and that other fungi should thrive. I have sourced fresh ,coarse, wood chip this Summer for the paths, where it has spread onto the beds in particular, several very attractive toadstools have appeared, not qualified to determine whether they are a harvestable crop(One can only get it wrong once!! ) but they are quite pretty. Field mushrooms are also prolific in areas, these could be encouraged as a future project I think.

Hempie
    Participant

Thanks for the replies and xplanations.
    I think i am am on the right track. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags