My pests must be wearing thermals!

Community Community Garden Problems Pests My pests must be wearing thermals!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Don Foley 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Andy
    Participant

On my torchlight visits to the allotment this week I am still seeing slugs on my leeks, clouds of whitefly around my brassicas and even a bright green caterpillar fell on the floor whilst picking Brussel sprouts. Now I know its not been the coldest winter in West Yorks but I would have thought the frosts we have had would have made this a less common sight. Is anybody else noticing this or am I just unlucky…..

ElizaD
    Participant

Andy, you are not alone! Minus 7 here in the south-west and harvested a cabbage today containing three slugs and a fat bright green caterpillar .

Don Foley
    Participant

Hi All,

Not quiet so cold here (Ireland east), -1 to -3, but not noticing more than usual activity for this time of year.
    The weather here has been very up and down. One week of very mild weather then 3/4 days normal winter temps.
    Mind you I was particularily vigilant last season with baiting and trapping and generally keeping the area clean so that might be the reason.
    The only things I have in the ground now that slugs would be interested in are the spring Cabbages and they are showing relatively little damage but from what your saying I think I will restart baiting now, cant do any harm.

Don.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags