New Raised Beds in August – What to grow.

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing New Raised Beds in August – What to grow.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

macson
    Participant

I have just completed setting up my new raised beds with 3-4 inches of soil and about 3 inches of compost. I would like to fill them up straight away, but not sure what is best to start with. I’d like to have a plan that enables me to do some sort of crop rotation, probably starting spring next year, but for now I think all I can do is sow some seeds. I currently have 4 raised beds 3m X 1.2m. I do have another 2 of the same size, but my wife has stolen them from me and planted various cane fruits. (Not really complaining!) I presume I can sow in the spaces in these beds as well whilst they develop. One of the beds was completed back in June so I planted Pink Fir Apple potato (they were cheap as it was late in the season) so I would like to follow on with another crop when I harvest them. (Hopefully more than the 2kg I put in)
    Any advice and suggestions would be very welcome.

charles

Macson I suggest you browse through August updates for any year, loads of sowing ideas in them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags