new topic, pH in no dig

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground new topic, pH in no dig

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  charles 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

charles

I received this email with two questions:
    “I can’t see how to make a post on the forums so sending this email.

I have not been able to find any reference to pH on your material. Does one have to check or be concerned about pH in a No Dig garden..?

Mark Croft
    Auckland”

1 To make a new topic, click on Forums, then on any sub category you see such as this one, “Preparing the ground”, scroll to bottom and you see a box to write your new topic.

2 pH is extensively covered in most gardening books and given undue importance as part of the general over-complication of gardening that discourages so many people, from the feedback I receive.
    I advise in my books, to look around you for guides eg if there are rhododendrons (acid soil) or limestone buildings (alkaline). But most soils are veg-neutral so there is no need to worry. Alkaline soils see some scab on potatoes, and great brassicas. Acid soils mean you can grow blueberries and some lime is justified, but this is not the general case.
    No dig does not affect pH any more than digging, but healthier soils in no dig perhaps mean even less need to worry about pH.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags