Not top quality council green waste!

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Not top quality council green waste!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sahira Ward

Hello Charles

These are the comments regarding our councils greenwaste.
    ‘I am happy to arrange for some compost to be delivered out to yourself but must offer a word of caution in that the end product is not a high grade compost and is used as an agricultural soil improver, it is still very “acidic” in nature and could potentially do more harm than good to any young plants’.
    I need to know if I should go ahead and use this to fill the bases of our raised beds at to what depth would you consider ok before we use higher grade compost considering the maximum height for our raised beds will be 225mm

Regards

Sahira

charles

I can’t add anything to his weird remark, without seeing the compost and knowing a bit about why he would make such a comment. I imagine it would be ok as a base, say up to three quarters of the volume then finish beds with multipurpose compost perhaps. depends on your budget and availability.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags