pick just 1 veg

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ros 12 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ladbrokes

if you could only pick 1 veg to treat to a dressing of homemade compost what would it be

charles

Ladbrokes, I cannot imagine being in such a dire situation, and hope you are not. Or maybe your question is really "what is your favourite vegetable?"! in which case, all kinds of salad leaves…. and they repay the compost with so many meals.

ladbrokes

lol its just that it can take an age to get home made compost and i was wondering what veg would appreciate it the most

charles

you are right, it is indeed extremely precious, so in terms of value I  think it still depends what you most like to eat and want to boost the yield and quality of – lettuce, tomatoes, spinach and chard, climbing beans, carrots, potatoes, leeks… what do others think?

Dazzerelli
    Participant

For me it’s a tie between ps broccoli and climbing beans. The taste and yield of these, more than other crops, has improved quite dramatically since I started feeding the soil 3 years ago.

Darren

Ros

For me it is the soil not the crops. I would put the compost on the beds which have had less before so that all the soil is in good heart and then everything is possible for any crops – so long as they are likely to grow in this area!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags