Planting in near saturated compost

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Planting in near saturated compost

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Asif
    Participant

Hello Charles

Have been reading your posts with great interest these past months.

The undug allotment beds I prepared last year still seem very wet with no sign of drying. On the plus side, most are near weed free after following your advice. One end of it (that I was going to plant spuds into) still has some couch and dandelion so is still covered with weed fabric (this end is even more wet). Would you suggest I wait a few more weeks to plant/sow into them or am I worrying needlessly?

Also, when would be a good time to migrate into an unheated greenhouse heat loving plants like aubergine and chili currently on the window sill and also later on corn and squash?

Many thanks in advance.

Asif

charles

Hello Asif,
    I hope it is not literally saturated/underwater… there are high moisture levels at present for sure.
    I would leave the fabric on and plant potatoes early May.

It depends when your greenhouse becomes frost free, or if you can lay fleece over plants before a frosty night. Otherwise quite soon, say next week, especially if the plants are growing long stems on a windowsill.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags