please help – potager style front garden

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing please help – potager style front garden

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lizzy
    Participant

Are there any flowering plants rather than vegetables that will cope with deep cow manure beds?
    We are putting together a front garden which is currently just grass. The first bed which gets sun all day is a raised bed 16′ x 5′ with wooden sides and filled up with organic cow manure is going to have blackcurrant bushes and veg – cabbage and overwintering onion sets and garlic for now then probably kuri squash in the summer. I would like a few flowers in it too.
    I think most flowers will not like such a rich compost? Any ideas – preferably flowers that bees like – most welcome. Thanks

charles

Lizzy, I find that all flowers are fine on rich beds, though better grow smaller ones. Cosmos for example, takes over otherwise,.
    I grow salvias, echinacea, marigolds of all kinds, snapdragon, linum (flax) etc. I love asters at this time of year. Lots of choices.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags