Polytunnel or Greenhouse – Which Is Best?

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Polytunnel or Greenhouse – Which Is Best?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  peapod 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

englishlady

I have had a greenhouse in the past, but always found it too small.

Hence this time I am thinking polytunnel about 20′ x 10′ in the back garden.

Would love to hear from those who are in favour of either of these systems and wonder what the advantages of one would be over the other?

Thanks everyone.

Julie

peapod
    Participant

I was very fortunate to inherit a 12’x 10’greenhouse and an 18’x 10’polytunnel when we moved, I am relatively new to veg growing but have been using the greenhouse for sowing and bringing things on before planting in the polytunnel, it seems to work.  I have some tomato plants growing in the greenhouse also aubergines and peppers, all in pots,  they seem to cope with the heat, the greenhouse is in a sunnier position and can get very hot inside.  I also use the greenhouse to overwinter some tender succulents, as it is easier to keep frost proof.  I have been planting directly into the polytunnel borders, and since reading Charles’ excellent book, I have been piling on the manure.  I hope you find this helpful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags