Pre treatment of seeds

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Pre treatment of seeds

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DemelzaCat 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bluebell
    Participant

I was reading an interesting article this weekend about pre-treating seeds with aspirin and cinnamon to improve germination and promote healthy plants.
    Has anyone tried this?

Stringfellow
    Participant

Hi Bluebell. Do you have a link to the information? Providing it was found on-line. Thanks.

Rhys
    Participant

Not tried that, but I did try using dilute seaweed extract a few years ago on commercial tomato seeds. That seemed to work.

My own tomato seeds seem to germinate great without, but if you think your set might be old/dodgy, surely worthy of a go…

bluebell
    Participant

Here you go – http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/jan/31/drug-therapy-for-plants

he appears to use Asprin quite a lot on his plants…

I may also try the tinfoil around chillies, as per his website especially if we have a dull summer – nothing to loose really.

Stringfellow
    Participant

Thanks Bluebell. An interesting article.

DemelzaCat
    Participant

I don’t get a full day of sunlight on my greenhouse so the tinfoil around chillies sounds great – I’ll definitely try it this year. Thanks for sharing this Bluebell – appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags