quince

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bluebell 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bluebell
    Participant

I have a quince that I was hoping would fruit for the first time this year. However the small fruits all appear to be dropping off. Is this normal or perhaps because it is too dry?

charles

Yes Bluebell it sounds dry to me. Quince does like moist soil, and warmth! Adding organic matter will help for next year, even a mulch of anything unrotted.

bluebell
    Participant

I have given is a good soak and put wet newspaper down for now. It did have a good mulch of cow manure this time last year but I have run out and will not be able to shift anymore until the end of this month.

As it happens availability of manure is starting to be a key factor in my allotment as I have been offered another half next to my existing 10 rods but doubt I could get enough manure to manage it in a no dig way, so currently in talks with the one remaining dairy farmer in the area, even though he is not organic it would be better than nothing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags