Raspberries

Community Community General Gardening Fruit Raspberries

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Parmdeep

I have Joan J rasperries in their second year so this is the first year with a lot of fruit to pick. The problem is when leaving the fruit to ripen to a dark red, half of them have bits of mould or black bits and don’t look good to eat. I suspect this is due to all the wet weather we’ve had. Of the rest, a lot of them have small white specks inside the fruit although otherwise look good to eat – I’ve not seen that on shop bought raspberries. Are these ok?

I have noticed what looks like cabbage white fly flying around.

Can you advise? Also,am I just better off picking the raspberries under ripe just to save more of them from being not usable?

I still have a lot of green fruit so hopefully a lot more raspberries to come if i can avoid them spoiling!

Parmdeep
    (Nottingham)

charles

I like Joan J, expect the quality will improve now the weather is settling down, I would let them ripen properly. Am unsure about the white specks but doubt they are any problem excpept visual, must be good to eat.
    As for the flies, I have no idea what cabbage root fly look like!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags