Red Grenoble

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KevL 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lorettaf
    Participant

More germination failures. A few years ago we tried franchi red grenoble seed and germination was terrible. We then avoided it until trying again this yr with simpsons seeds. Again terrible germination along side other varieties that are doing fine. Charles and steph love it and i really want to try again. Has anyone had any good seed this yr? If so, would you mind telling me which company you used please? Thanks!

Gabor
    Participant

Hi LorettaF,

I am growing the very Franchi seeds Red Grenoble variety and mine are doing very well, using Charles Dowding’s method of pricking out seedlings into trays. Maybe it’s a fresh batch I bought in spring from Seeds of Italy.
    Hope this helps, and best wishes.

GaborS

Dieter
    Participant

I have bought seeds from Vilmorin (France) and Semailles (Belgium, organic) and have had quite decent germination. Both companies are located in continental Europe, however.

lorettaf
    Participant

Thanks to you both. Great info!

KevL
    Participant

I had poor germination with Simpsons seeds last year, so I mentioned it to Matthew recently (I live fairly close) and he was quite shocked. So he gave me a new packet a couple of weeks ago and germination has been really good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags