Seed germingation

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Seed germingation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  weedkiller 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

weedkiller

Hi everyone, I have planted cos letuus seeds which I bought from the organic catalogue about 5 years ago, cress and greek cress (which I also bought from the organic catalogue 5 years ago). I planted these seeds into pots and placed them on the kitchen and lounge window sill. Planting took place a few weeks ago. Still no sign of anything! Do seeds have a life span? I have had similar experiences in the past and to be honest it is very disheartening! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

charles

I am afraid that seeds do have a span of time when germination is good, after which they are best composted; my books have more on it and http://www.realseeds.co.uk also explain it well. For the cost of new seed, be heartened! There are outlets seling seed quite cheaply like Nicky’s Seeds and I am sure others can give good advice on that.

weedkiller

Thanks Charles. Can you recommend a website where I can buy potatoe tublers from please(main crop)?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags