slow germination

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing slow germination

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 11 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ros

I was potting on some tomatoes, peppers etc today. Some were quite big and others small as they had taken an age to germinate. Sometimes the slow ones were all one variety and other times it was one or more of a variety which had germinated and grown on well with the exception of one or two. As with most gardeners at this time of year I am running out of space in the greenhouse, specially the area where I can provide a little heat and I was wondering…..
    is there a correlation between slow germination and slow growing? Have any of you found this to be the case? Should I get rid of the slow growers from the variety of mainly good growers and use the greenhouse space for something which is more likely to thrive and be a robust plant?

charles

Not sure Ros but if you need more plants I would pot the little ones on, unless you literally have no room.

The weather outlook is improving and after toinight we (southern Britain) may be past the worst of frost which can get inside greenhouse and tunnel, so planting is soon possible there, perhaps freeing up some space.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags