Still time to prepare site?

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Still time to prepare site?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mart

Hi Charles,

How are you holding out? Here(Umbria) most gardens took a good battering and little is left. I was very pleasantly surprised however with the tunnel. I hadn’t been there for a month and practically everything was very alive. Special my asian winter veg. Green in snow is amazing!
    I have to move house and can’t take my terain with me :-( Came across a guy with to much ground and a restaurant interested in my vegetable seed collection. Made him a deal. I make the plants and do some maintenance he gets free produce and I may take whatever I want. It is 20 min from my new place but that is ok. He has been doing everything ‘old’ style and I wondered, is there still time to prepare some no dig area?

Best,

Mart

charles

Yes Mart,  we all start when we start and I find on the dug beds of the experiment that they are into full swing, catching up the undug, by midsummer, i.e. halfway through, and growth is good before that anyway…

It sounds a great deal and I am pleased for your tunnel salads. I have found that Green in the Snow has had an excellent winter, better than last year, whereas Red Frills suffered a bit, though most plants survived, especially the later planted ones (20th October rather than 10th).

mart

Ha that is a good one and very true!
    It was cold with an enourmous C here. Outside in old garden almost all gone. Most of it eaten by hungry animals. No idea how they get under over the electric fence. Amazing what some metal tubing and plastic can do. Yellow leaf salad is still alive as well. It stands cold as good as heat.
    I ordered some of the salads you mention in your books. Not all easy to find here.

Forgot to ask about your book, curious when it will be available.

charles

I think the book is available now, do not understand ‘official publication dates’, I know it was printed a month ago.

I hope Italy is warming up at last.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags