Sweet Pepper and Aubergine

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Sweet Pepper and Aubergine

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  plantmark 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

plantmark
    Participant

Charles. I have germinated Sweet Pepper and Aubergine in a small Diy hydroponics unit which is maintained at 70 degrees indoors and seedlings are growing well. When can I transfer to my unheated greenhouse to grow on? I am thinking they will require some heat?

charles

Yes this is the difficulty with pepper and aubergine, they will not thrive unless you can maintain at least some heat. Fine by day in a sunny greenhouse, but warmth is needed at night, or they risk stagnating. I buy plug aubergines from Organic Plants, the link is in my March update.

plantmark
    Participant

Thank you Charles. Yes I have ordered some plug Aubergine but wanted to grow a couple from seed to compare. Wbhat sort of minimum temp do the Peppers need?

Rhys
    Participant

Plantmark

I’ve happily grown sweet pepper plants on an inside window-sill through late March and all of April before now. Depends how many you have I guess, but growing two on a windowsill has worked for me…..

plantmark
    Participant

Thanks Rhys. I will give it a go. Only growing 6 .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags