Thanks to all 👍

Community Community General Gardening Vegetables Thanks to all 👍

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KevL 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mike Sheppard
    Participant

I just wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone who has contributed to this forum. I only joined recently and I’ve decided to go ‘no dig’. This is my first year at gardening and I wish I developed an interest years ago. I am now 73 and I suffer with arthritis in my ankles and shoulders so I cannot get a lot of pleasure from digging so Charles’ methods are ideal for me. Thanks again for all of your input, it really helps with the learning curve 😁

“E”

Hello
    Your story is very like my own. I am 71, and last year took over my husbands allotment after he died. I have never grown vegetables before, just a few flower beds in my garden, so this was all quite new to me. I also suffer from arthritis in my hands and I am hoping that I can achieve some success with the no dig method. My only worry is that I am not spreading the compost thick enough, it is quite a job for me to source it and transport it as I don’t have a car. But I am going to give it a go!

KevL
    Participant

Good luck to both of you. You stories are heart-warming. There is a lot of excellent advice on here on every topic so if you have any questions I am sure that your posts will be answered. Margaret: when I didn’t have enough compost last year to spread to the depth that I wanted, I concentrated it on part of the plot and put black plastic on the rest of it and grew my squashes and courgettes in slits in the plastic. I still had a nice crop and no weeds. Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags