Time Spent in the Garden

Community Community No dig gardening Preparing the ground Time Spent in the Garden

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alan 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Vivian G
    Participant

Hi Charles,

meeting you in Devon at a talk near Plymouth in spring inspired me no end. I’m determined to convert my 1/2 acre CSA-market garden in Germany at least partly into no dig. Whilst planning next years veg I kept wondering how much time you (and people who help you) actually spend in your garden every week, especially considering harvesting lettuce leaf by leaf. As far as I can remember you garden about 1/4 acre, don’t you?

Seeing that my market garden is about a 50 min drive from Mannheim I was wondering if you might be able to create a contact to your ex-intern Felix. Perhaps he’d be interested, too.

Regards from Germany and thank you ever so much for all your input through your books, updates and amazingly fast replys here in the forum!

Vivian

charles

Hi Vivian

Yes I remember you for sure.
    We spend too much time to be economic! Say 90 hours/week, but this garden is for demo and trials as well as producing. And ornamentals, fruit trees.
    Composting and lawn mowing are not efficient in the sense of market gardening!
    Harvesting leaf by leaf is quick as we sell larger leaves, 5kg per hour is quite possible.
    Felix is at felix.laudenbach@yahoo.de and I am sure you will have a good communication. His no dig garden is very productive.

Vivian G
    Participant

Hi Charles,

thanks for making a contact to Felix. We met up this weekend at my garden and I will be visiting his soon. It seems as though we both can learn a lot from each other.

charles

Ah that is nice to hear! Please say hello from me.

Alan
    Participant

Hello Vivian,

I am new to Germany myself and am starting a garden also.

I was hoping to get some help on where and how to source Garden supplies like Compost, black polythene and general stuff.

I speak only a little German and sourcing what i need is proving to be very time consuming, would you mind sharing some of your info with me?

my email is alsd07@gmail.com

I’m up in the Eiffel, near Gerolstein, if i’m ever near Mannheim i’d love to see your garden and pick your brains!

Regards,

Alan Davison

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags