Using Plastic bags for salad sales

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Using Plastic bags for salad sales

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charles 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

RandA
    Participant

Hi everyone
    With the increased awareness of using plastics, I was wondering about what to do about packaging the salad leaves to sell in salad bags.

One bit of research led me to a company that do compostable and plant based bags but to get the correct size, would mean ordering many thousands of them, far to many for me. I put this out to see if we could as group purchase a bulk order or if anyone has any other good ideas of how to present the colourful and tasty leaves we sell with out using plastic, single use bags.
    Ali

charles

Hello Ali and we have been thinking the same.
    However, so far we are drawing blanks in that “biodegradable” polythene has more polythene that normal poly bags, plus the polymers that activate its biodegradation, which may take years.
    So not as good as it sounds, for now.
    I have noticed with every passing year that the ‘normal’ poly bags are thinner.
    My customers say they want no polythene, but like the leaves fresh in their bags, and the shopkeeper says he does not want boxes of leaves going limp.
    On the other hand we are going to supply a restaurant with loose leaves that they transfer to containers at delivery.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags