Which veggies can I sow / plant in mid June that will crop by end September?

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Which veggies can I sow / plant in mid June that will crop by end September?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HeatheryWales 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

HeatheryWales
    Participant

I have to vacate my allotment plot by the end of September. Which edibles can I sow / plant in the next few weeks that will provide a harvest in that time frame? I already have lots of salad leaves in my garden.

HeatheryWales
    Participant

Forgot to mention that the allotment has good moist soil and sun for at least half of the day with little shade & I’m based in north Wales. Thanks.

charles

Greyhound cabbage, beetroot, carrots, spring onion, chard, dwarf French beans,bulb fenneland the sooner you sow the better, esp for the root veg

HeatheryWales
    Participant

I’d never heard of greyhound cabbage so just looked it up & it certainly fits the bill. Its a speedy grower & very aptly named! Thank you for this list – I’ll get planting / sowing right away.
    Also I just wanted to thank you for your recent video on pests – I especially appreciated seeing the collection of leaves with the different types of pest damage. I’d been blaming everything on slugs but I can now see that some of it is bird damage & I’ve netted a lot of plants in my garden.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags