who is Pricking Out my very tall cotyledons ?

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing who is Pricking Out my very tall cotyledons ?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RayFromFrance 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

My cotyledons grow very tall and I did not have time to prick them earlier so I tried to pricked some with the long 7cm stem, it is possible but hard.

Hi there, all Pricking Friends.
    We should start a “Pricking Out” Club :)

And instead of buying expensive deep plugs, I made some 20 cm tall plugs with ordinary newspapers, which also makes the watering go from top and then from bottom up by capillary action since they are all wet down there.

I think that from now on I will prick these long cotyledons when they get their first true leaves instead since pricking with 7cm stems is difficult. I will prick the other seeds much earlier.

My question is, ones the cotyledons are pricked, should we move them from the heated room to an ambient temperature or 20°C ? Or is it better to leave them at their “grow seed temperature” and if so, for how much longer ?

When I grow my seeds, I heat a room between 23°C by floor level and 29°C high up for tomatoes, peppers, aubergine and so on. except for salads that are at 15°C.

At all stages, seedlings and cotyledons receive full daylight from a northern roof window.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags