Worms Glorious Worms

Community Community General Gardening Sowing and Growing Worms Glorious Worms

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  davidk 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

davidk
    Participant

Planted my 1st Earlies today, last year I put them on the surface, this year they are a bit deeper with loads of very ripe mulch ontop.

Admittedly its very wet but just under the surface there were loads of worms of all different shapes & sizes, yes it was glorious.

Gosh it’s great to be planting something @ last too.

charles

Hello David, it is a joy indeed to be on the verge of planting, I am not quite there, still so wet here but it feels springlike and the birds definitely think its time to be busy. Worms, fortunately, are able to tolerate a lot of moisture.

davidk
    Participant

Hello Charles,

Yes my bees have been flying too & taking in Pollen so they are OK & behaving like the Birds too!

The great thing about this weather is that it’s a doddle to weed, if you’ve got any; You just need loads of pairs of gloves cause they seem to grow mud like our boots, & a freshly hoed bed does bring a smile! & then it bloody rains like it’s never rained before.

Oh it seems I have the rest of my life planned, or is that diaried, I am not one for doing things ‘buy’ the book, it seems in some ways I have given in. Anyway I need to grow better cabbages etc, @ present mine I’ll just have to eat the stork; My lettuces I have outside & have been eating for 2 months, the mustard has a kick like a mule, 2 leaves & I’m on fire! Thank god for antidote, leafy parsley! Spinach to go in amongst my strawbs, worked last year, can add that one to the diary! Can see this book being like many cook-books where so many more pages are added to it, from many other sources,
    Thank-you-again-Charles.

Rock Dust looks to be great, the colour green looks a little ‘rockie’ (march photo),
    Do they taste much different?

jackpot

My bees are out and about too! Bringing in lots of lovely pollen :-)

davidk
    Participant

Yes my worms have had lovely coffee from these sources.(In a wormery)

I wouldn’t drink coffee from ‘S’s’ & Costa is not a family business anymore.
    & I certainly would overdose my worms on coffee, 2 coffees & I shake, hate to think what the worms do!

Maybe the worms are addicts too!
    Will veges taste of coffee dregs, who knows?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Info

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags